The Douglas Students’ Union, in partnership with Vital Link (Canadian Red Cross Training Partner) offers Emergency First Aid with CPR-C classes every semester at a subsidized rate.
Questions? Get in touch with Vital Link!
This course is recommended for the general public, care givers, medical professionals, fitness personnel and day camp leaders.
You will receive your Red cross Certificate upon completion of the course and is valid for 3 years.
There is the ability to upgrade to Standard First Aid for an additional fee – this would become a 2 day course (day 1- Emergency First Aid, day 2 – upgrade to Standard First Aid).
The course covers the following:
- Obstructed airway procedures
- Breathing Emergencies
- CPE for all age
- Basic first aid for minor and major bleeding
- Some medical conditions
- Continuing care
- AED training (Automated External Defibrillation)
- Emergency First Aid/CPR C is a one day basic course and your fee is $50.00 (tax included)
- Standard First Aid/CPR C your fee will be $50.00 for the 1st day and $65.00 for the 2nd day for a total of $115.00 (tax included)
- Emergency & Standard First Aid/CPR level BLS (required for nursing students) your fee will be $50.00 for the 1st day and $75.00 for the 2nd day for a total of $125.00 (tax included)
Succeed in School