The goal of the DSU Women’s Collective is to create a safe and inclusive space for all self-identified women; to support, grow and learn from each other – Focus on social justice, awareness and community building through workshops, resources, speakers and meetings.
Resources – Violence Against Women
- Atira Women’s Society
A not-for-profit organization committed to the work of ending violence against women. Need help or someone to talk to?
- Battered Women’s Support Services
Provides education, advocacy and support services and work toward the elimination of violence from a feminist perspective that promotes equality for all women.
- Indigenous Women’s Program @ BWSS
Offers cultural services run by Indigenous women for Indigenous women. Workers use traditional healing practices while working with women survivors of trauma and colonization.
Crisis line: 604-687-1867
Business Line: 604-687-1868
A toll-free, confidential, multilingual service available across BC, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Resource document via BWSS – how to help a friend
- Let’s Get Consensual
The DSU signed on to and joined UVSS and the Anti-violence project. This campaign focuses on building consent culture on campus and having conversations about what consent is. To learn more about the Let’s Get Consensual campaign, head over to https://uvss.ca/consent/
- Moose Hide Campaign
In February 2020, the DSU signed on to the Moose hide campaign. Moose Hide is a grassroots movement of indigenous and non-Indigenous men and boys who are standing up against violence towards women and children. For more information about this campaign, head over to https://moosehidecampaign.ca/
These are the Guidelines by which we operate:
- Inclusiveness: This is a shared space, please remember to be inclusive towards everyone.
- Behavior: Be respectful. No bullying or cyber-bullying will be tolerated.
- Confidentiality: Don’t “share” the experiences, concerns, or questions that members of the Women’s Collective share within this space without the informed consent of the speaker.
- Attendance: Please RSVP to posts regarding meetings or events. Leave an email with the executives so that we can add you to our mailing list.
Join the Women’s Collective!
Sign up here to join the Women’s Collective and to receive emails and updates about the work we are doing.