Club registration packages will be available in January 2023.
Here are the steps to start a new club!
- Check to see if a club that serves your interest already exists in the DSU Clubs Directory
- Review the Douglas Students’ Union Clubs policy and other relevant Douglas College Policies listed here:
- After reviewing the documents above, you can download a Fall 2022 Club Registration Package or pick up one from our DSU front desk in New Westminster or Kiosk in Coquitlam. As well as a Fall 2022 Club Membership List. (available to download in January 2023).
- Choose a name that begins with ‘DSU’ and one that describes what your club will do.
- You will need a minimum of 15 students to start a club (30 for a course union).
- Out of those, 3 must be your club executives (ex: President, Vice President, Treasurer).
- You will have the opportunity to attend the DSU Clubs fair to promote your club and recruit club members. Please see club fair registration form, included in the Club registration package (above), for more details.
- Submit your completed registration package forms at email@example.com or in person to one of the DSU offices by the last Thursday of September/January (as per the clubs policy).
** PLEASE NOTE – THE DEADLINE FOR FALL 2022 HAS PASSED. NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO START A CLUB IS JANUARY 2023**
- Club registration packages are accepted and ratified at the beginning of the Fall and Winter semesters.
- When your club has been approved, you will be contacted via email.
- All approved clubs will be required to attend Club Council, after ratification. Club Council is scheduled for Wednesday October 5th, 2022 (time tbd).
If you have any questions or are looking for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org