The Douglas Students’ Union invites applicants for the temporary full-time position of Organizer – Campus Life.
TERM: Temporary – Full-Time, Negotiable Start Date with Expected Term Completion June 2024
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5 (some flexibility required)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors and supervised by the Executive Director, The Organizer-Campus Life shall be primarily responsible for working with appropriate members of the Board and staff to create and implement an annual schedule of events for students on both the Coquitlam and New Westminster campuses. Additionally, the position will work with other event-focused departments at Douglas College to ensure that the Students’ Union works in cooperation with the College to host events and activities that create a sense of community at the institution.
The Students’ Union is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years working in the advocacy, not-for-profit or post-secondary sector;
- 3 years of event planning experience;
- A high school diploma plus some post-secondary education;
- Thorough knowledge of the student movement and its aims;
- Experience working on post-secondary education issues, specifically those related to students;
- Experience developing and implementing social justice campaigning and advocacy work;
- Experience executing customer/member service functions;
- Basic experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software;
- Experience producing reports, making presentations and undertaking basic office administration functions; and
- Experience handling cash and operating a point-of-sale system.
Please email email@example.com for full list of duties, copy of the position description or with any questions about the position and work environment. The position is unionized with CUPE Local 2396, and the Douglas Students’ Union is an equal opportunity employer.
The employment posting will remain open until filled. Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume. Applications should be addressed to “Hiring Committee, Douglas Students’ Union” and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.