The Douglas Students’ Union invites applicants by Douglas College students for the position of Student Assistant to work the Students’ Union’s Coquitlam Campus Kiosk and its New Westminster Office. This position works under the direction of the Students’ Union’s Executive Director and with the support of the Service Coordinator to execute basic office and member service tasks. The position is available only to Douglas College students.
The position will be hired for the 2021/22 year.
HOURS PER WEEK: 2 to 3 shifts per week, or 6 to 21 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The main duties of the position are as follows:
• Assisting with the provision of the Union’s services including, but not limited to printing, photocopy/fax; poster approvals; health and dental plan; students’ union lounge/general spaces; locker rentals; food bank; and student space booking requests.
• Operating the point of sale system, processing transactions, making change, reconciling till floats, and other such cash handling/point of sale duties;
• Operating the phone system and providing reception duties;
• Responding to member inquiries about Students’ Union services and functions, and informing members about coming events and campaigns;
• Maintaining a tidy kiosk/general office and kitchenette area;
• Performing data entry;
• Maintaining and updating College bulletin boards; and,
• Performing other general office duties as required.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
• Knowledge of the Students’ Union and its aims;
• Experience operating a POS, and processing payments;
• Experience serving customers;
• Good organizational skills and ability to multitask;
• Computer skills including knowledge of MS Office software;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and
• Ability to operate basic office equipment
• Be a current Douglas College Student in the Fall 2021 semester
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the position and work environment. The position is unionized with CUPE Local 2396 and pays $21.58 per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits.
Please submit your applications and Fall semester availabilities to the Hiring Committee, Douglas Students’ Union via email at email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the position is filled with the first round of shortlisting scheduled for Wednesday July 28, 2021 @ 4pm.